Welcome to the Stage and Screen Academy - Irlam / Cadishead
The Stage and Screen Academy is Irlam and Cadishead’s performing arts school, where kids learn musical theatre and film making.
If your child likes acting, singing, dancing and filmmaking this is the perfect Irlam kids club to join. We have Groups for kids aged between 4 and 16 years old.
The club is also a great place for your child to make local Irlam and Cadishead friends and grow their confidence kids dance classes, acting classes and singing.
By joining us, you will be supporting a small Irlam and Cadishead business and growing kids activities within the area. We are one of very few kids Clubs in Irlam.Ir
Why choose us?
- We are the ONLY performing arts school in Irlam or Cadishead. We are also the only Ballet class in Irlam and Cadishead. We are the only film making club in Irlam. We are just one of very few kids clubs in Irlam. By signing up, you will be bringing dancing to Irlam and to the local area.
- Dance teachers that have an extensive performance background
- ALL our teachers are singers and have lots of teaching experience
- Professional film makers and editors to shoot, edit and coordinate the short films written and directed by the production teams
- Industry standard film equipment (camera, lights, editing software, grading software)
- DBS checked teachers
- Teachers that regularly perform in musicals and have an extensive background in music
Singing, dancing and acting - Performance opportunities
We have done many projects that allow the kids to practice their acting, dancing, and singing. We’ve done short films, recreations, music videos, live performances, monologues and had the kids singing at the local Christmas fair, at Irlam and Cadishead Academy.
We are constantly creating and we frequently involve all the classes, including the kids ballet class and the street dancing class.
Sophie and Matt moved to Irlam to be closer to work in Media City. Matt was working at the BBC and Sophie at ITV, on Coronation Street.
Developing the local area
Sophie was running Stage and Screen in other areas already, but noticed that Irlam had very few kids clubs and no singing, acting, dancing or film making clubs in Irlam or Cadishead.
She wanted to bring the performing arts directly to the kids of the area and that’s how Stage and Screen in Irlam came to be.
Bringing dance teachers to Irlam and Cadishead
Her goal is to develop dancing of all genres in the areas. The kids club currently has a ballet class and a street dancing class, but Sophie is eager to bring more, like tap dancing!
Bringing music teachers to Irlam and Cadishead
Sophie teaches both singing and piano to the local kids and hopes to develop music in the area further. She studied music for 10 years in France, so her music theory knowledge is pretty extensive. She has been passing ABRSM exams to get a good understanding of the UK marking system.
Bringing film making to Irlam and Cadishead
Having a very extensive on set experience as well as having 2 degrees in film, Sophie also wants to share her passion for film making with the younger generation. She has taught at several large performing arts school but has also been a film and TV lecturer at Staffordshire University.
She loves that the club isn’t just a kids activity, but also a community where kids can meet other local kids from other schools, with similar interests and where parents can meet other parents!
Irlam Dance classes
Irlam Acting Classes
Monologue: The Magician
Monologue: Going to Disney
Irlam Musical Discovery Class - Singing / Acting / Dancing / Games
irlam – Cadishead – performing arts – kids club – kids – singing – acting – dancing – after school club – dance classes – dancing irlam – dance club – irlam singing – Ballet classes irlam – kids club irlam – stree dancing class irlam – singing one to one classes irlam – irlam piano classes – kids club irlam – piano lessons – singing lessons – piano kids classes – singing kids classes – piano teacher – singing teacher
- Local Primary schools: Irlam Endowed primary school, Barton Moss primary school, St Theresa RC Primary school, Irlam Primary school, St Mary’s Cadishead Primary school, St Joseph’s Primary school, Cadishead Primary school, Twiss green, Bradshaw Cp Warrington, St. Andrews Boothstown, Ellesmere, Moorfield primary, Fiddlers lane primary school, St Helens, Clarendon primary school, and Lowton J&I.
- Local High schools: Irlam and cadishead academy, St andrews eccles, St Patrick’s rc high school, Culcheth high, Flixton Girls School and Salford city academy